Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Belmont, Brad, and 2 dollar beer

I am just in from The Belmont tonight. I was invited out by a dear friend and taken to see his dear friend, Bill, play with a couple of other guys. Bill had some really awesome songs about Keystone Light all paired with a nice banjo sound :)! Bill was great!

First off, you ever been to The Belmont? This place is swanky and the fact there is hardly ever a cover and the inside of the bar makes it a place I could definitely hang out and throw back a few beers. The inside has this 60's mobster era feel with vinyl pierced backseated boothes and palm trees outside on the bottom and top patio. The area in front of the outdoor, silver lined stage is easy on the eyes and small enough to where it's got an intimate feel.
i am telling you. this place can kick some ass live if you have the right band!

word on the street is Fatback Circus will be playing at The Belmont come October on the Thursday before ACL Fest! Nice eh? I believe it is the Perfect Pants CD release party. i am there, yo!

As my dear friend and I walked closer to The Belmont we realized the sound was bouncing off the Chase building and the parking garage across the street all the way into our ears even 3 blocks away. This place has a nice board, sound system, patio, and great seating!! the 2 buck Lonestars were definitely nice and I would've stayed more but apparently they ran out of Lonestars.
boo. I kinda think they were lying.

Also, I got a card with an invitation to a Thursday night at The Belmont for Ladies Night. Now, I will tell you that as a feminist I hate any kind of promotion for wet t-shirt contests, "ladies night" or strip off's but The Belmont was nice enough that.... well, I think I am down with coming with 5 of my friends and getting a free beer or drink w that card the waitress gave me! anyone wanna accompany me? (although I think I might have to bring ladies....either way, I have some wigs.)

Brad from Juniors off of 29th street - yeah...i liked your charm, accent, and the fact you are a beer monkey. :o) sorry I called your Greg but I swear that is what you said. Let's find each other again soon! :o) We were cut off by your friends and mine too.

No comments:

Post a Comment