Thursday, May 27, 2010

Austin elementary kids singing/playing The Beatles

It was a typical Wednesday for me with these exceptions - I was listening to a Twin Sisters EP and Dylan's Blonde on Blonde over and over again.

Diana said she was going to go to Freddie's Place during lunch to see the student she tutored/mentored throughout this school year. She said they were going to be singing Beatles songs as a performance and asked if I wanted to go.

First I said no and then gave it more thought and realized I could definitely dig students singing the Yellow Submarine and Oh La Dee.

Here is proof  we went (look for us around the :15 second mark).

The kids were so precious to watch and it was such a nice day outside. It was also a relief to know that elementary music class includes one of the best bands in Becker Elementary's curriculum - The Beatles. :)

This is another reason why I love Austin and ALL of the kinds of live music/shows available to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment